Monday, October 19, 2015

[Drama Review] 何以笙箫默 My Sunshine Drama VS You are my Sunshine Movie


My Sunshine 何以笙箫默 is a Chinese television series based on the novel Silent Separation written by Gu Man.  
PLOT:
While studying at university, Zhao Mosheng fell in love at first sight with law student He Yichen. Through various incidents where Mosheng "stalked" Yichen on campus, Mosheng's cheerful personality charmed Yichen, and they slowly became college sweethearts. When Yichen's foster sister Yimei challenged Mosheng for Yichen's attention, Mosheng turned directly to Yichen for clarification, but did not expect to receive a cold response from him. Mistaking that Yichen and Yimei are a couple, Mosheng followed her father's arrangements and moved to the United States to continue her studies. Seven years later, Mosheng - who is now a professional photographer - returns to China, and coincidentally bumps into the unforgettable Yichen. Since the seven years they broke up, many people stand in the way of these star-crossed lovers: Foster-sister Yimei; Mosheng's marriage in United States; the unrelentingly infatuated ex-husband Ying Hui; as well as the financial grudges between the couple's fathers. All these situations continue to affect the two former lovers, but instead, these misunderstandings and challenges give them a better comprehension of the love they have missed over the past seven years.


My Sunshine VS You are my Sunshine
 VS
32 episodes squeezed into a whole good 107 minutes. The movie version is too rushed and each character didn't have enough screen time. The movie version was acceptable but the drama version was just amazing
Wallace Chung Vs Huang Xiao Ming as He Yi Chen
Needless to say, Wallace Chung. I loved him as He Yi Chen and managed to pull through 32 eps of heartache solely due to his amazing acting. His emotions are perfectly captured onscreen.

Huang Xiao Ming also improved on his acting! However his He Yi Chen just reminds me of his arrogant role in Cruel Romance as Zuo Zhen. He just didn't have the wow factor that Wallace easily possess.
Tiffany Tang VS Yang Mi as Zhao Mo Sheng
The besties are in for a competition! I like Tang Yan, but i'm not a fan of her expressionless acting thus I give it to Yang Mi for this. Not saying that Mi Mi's acting is super good but compared to Tang Yan, she is that good.
Jian Ren Zi VS Angelababy as He Yi Mei
This is hard to compare since Angelababy's presence in the movie is almost equivalent to zero. Her screen time is extremely less as compared to the drama version and did nothing much to come in between Yi Chen and Mo Sheng's relationship.  
Tan Kai VS Tong Da Wei as Ying Hui
I love Tan Kai as Ying Hui! He really do have the rich boss look and displayed his love for Mo Sheng greatly. Tong Da Wei did fairly well also, minus the fact that I can't stop laughing over his poor English.
Mi Lu VS He Sui as Xiao Xiao
They both portray Mo Sheng's supermodel friend, this is rather funny since He Sui is an international supermodel in real life. But in the drama, Mi Lu's Xiao Xiao got married and gave birth in the end. While He Sui's screen time had no more than five minutes. 
 VS

Huang Xiao Ming and Yang Mi didn't really convince me as a couple who is deeply in love over seven years, while Wallace and Tiffany easily surpass them in terms of chemistry. I just can't get enough of Wallace Chung as the cold Yi Chen doing everything for Tiffany's Mo Sheng!
I also loved their portrayal of their younger selves in their uni days!


The drama and movie version has been focusing on a few great quotes also from the novel.

Quote #1:
"If that person ever showed up, then everyone else would just be a compromise. I don't want to compromise."Yi Chen tells this line to Yi Mei ( his non-blood related sister)
Ouch! Can you imagine having the guy who you liked for over ten years saying this to you?

 Quote #2:

"Since I can't find you, then I have to stand where you can see me." (Mo Sheng to Yi Chen. Later when Mo Sheng disappeared, Yi Chen used it)


Quote #3:
"If destiny dictates that you will be my girlfriend in three years... then why shouldn't I exercise my rights now."(From Yi Chen to Mo Sheng during their Uni days)


Quote #4: (Yi Chen)
"Waiting itself is not frightening, what is frightening is not knowing when it will end."
 Yi Chen's friend's once said this:
"If there is anything that ever breaks the order and calm in He Yi Chen's world... then it must be Zhao Mo Sheng."
Talk about a girl's dream. The handsome guy who is always in complete control but will always loses it when it comes to you.

Overall, I really enjoyed and love this drama! Do give it a try and watch it just for Wallace!
If you don't want to spend time watching so many eps, do look for the 'Essence Version' where they cut it into 4 eps!
That's all I have for you! Thank you so much for reading!
Follow me on my ig!
Celebs style: Celebs_fashion_style

4 comments:

  1. Great review!!! I agree that the drama was that awesome due to Wallace's acting!!!

    Tang Yan has the bright and beautiful smile description of Mosheng from the novel, hence, I'll give a slight edge to Tang Yan here vs YangMi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you.I love watching drama than movie. Wallace Chung is the best main role . I watched two times now .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and just to the point review... totally agree with you..I'm not good with names but definitely drama version's Yichen, Mosheng, Ying Hui have actually lived the character from novel..3 big cheers for them n the blogger..

    ReplyDelete