Sunday, January 10, 2016

[Movie Review] 我是证人 The Witness

The Witness is a suspense crime film, a remake of the 2011 South Korean film, Blind. Both films are directed by the same director, Ahn Sang Hoon.

Synopsis: (translated from BaiDu)
An unexpected accident caused trainee police, Lu Xiao Xing (Yang Mi) to be blind. She not only lose her police job, she also caused the death of her brother. The lost of her eyes stimulated activity in other organs, like careful thinking and strong hearing senses. One night, Lu Xiao Xing got on a mysterious car and was almost kidnapped by psycho killer Tang Zheng ( Zhu Ya Wen). Xiao Xing and Lin Chong (LuHan) became the witnesses to a case of missing female college students. But terrible crisis continued.....
Cast:
Yang Mi as Lu Xiao Xing
Lu Han as Lin Chong
Zhu Ya Wen as Tang Zheng
Liu Rui Ling as Liang Cong

Thoughts:
This is a movie I thought I would never watch, because i'm really not a fan of such thriller movies and i'm not that type that would watch solely for idols. However I heard good reviews and decided to give it a try and boy, was I wrong. The movie was quite intense and entertaining.
I
 was shocked at Luhan's impressive and natural performance as well as Yang Mi's convincing portrayal as a blind woman. The star of the show, Zhu Ya Wen definitely gave me chills as a psycho killer. His every stare and the way he talks sends shiver down my spine.
Performance wise, the cast did great! They totally exceeded my expectations!

Ratings: 6.5/10

Do give it a try! Especially for Lu Han and Yang Mi's fans!

Trailer and Theme Song



 
Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with me~
Instagram
Celebs Style: Celebs_fashion_style
TVB: Tvb_ftw 

No comments:

Post a Comment